Thursday, September 17, 2009

C. Sections are saving lives..

Somebody said that phrase to me just last week.  I bit my tongue..it hurt.  I will bite no longer.


C/S ARE NOT SAVING LIVES... 

 

I've been looking at this a lot right now, and have been reading the newest stats I can find. People are always screaming that C/S saved theirs/their baby's lives....and so now we are up to 30% C/S rate. Well, in 2004, the maternal mortality rate was at it's highest point in 30 years. 13 deaths in 100,000 as compared to 10 deaths in 100,000 (in 1977). And among the top 35 developed Countries in the World, Canada and the US rank 23 and 33 respectively for infant mortality rate...
So the question begs to be asked...HOW are these women and babies being "saved", if more, technically, are dying?

This leads me to believe even more that Drs are either A) lying to their patients about the severity of their situation or B) Creating these dire situations with all their "necessary medical procedures"...


Don't even get me started on elective C/S....Maybe another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment