Friday, September 11, 2009

Cell phones are a great thing. Aren't they?

No, I truly don't think they are.  I can only think of a handful of people who have a real need to use them...and most of those people are medical personnel; for work related reasons.

For the rest of the population I think they are ridiculous.  I think cell phones give people and over developed sense of self importance. 
"I'm so important look at me, I have a cell phone because people need to be able to get a hold of me at all times."

Seriously?  I just don't understand the mentality.  I don't understand what could possibly be so urgent that it can't wait until you are at home.  We have turned into a society of instant gratification needers.  All of a sudden EVERYTHING is of the utmost importance.

I could go on and on, but I think I will tackle my gripes with cell phones and their users one at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment